Greek Salad

Rich. Flavorful. Incredible.


The past few months I've gotten away from making salads for our evening meals. But I'm determined to get back into it. So the other day we went out and got the ingredients for this flavour packed greek salad. Making this again reminded me of how much I love this salad. I used to make it all. the. time. I love it, and I think you will too as long as you like feta cheese and olives!





This healthy side dish is packed full of all kinds of amazing nutrition and flavors. It is certainly not lacking any taste!

There are only 6 ingredients - Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. It's a simple recipe and it only takes a few minutes for me to put together before dinner.

This and our Caesar Salad are probably my top favorite salads, although potato and pasta salads probably rank the highest. For some reason I can't say no to pasta. :P





Greek Salad

Salad

1 head Romaine lettuce
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup pitted olives, cut in half
1 cup light feta cheese, diced

Dressing

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Directions
1. Tear the Romaine lettuce into small bits and rinse.
2. Next drain the excess water out of the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
3. Dice the tomato and feta cheese into small pieces.
4. Cut the olives into half.
5. Pour the tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives into the bowl with the lettuce.

6. In a small bowl, stir olive oil and balsamic vinegar until combined.
7. Pour the dressing over the lettuce, feta cheese, etc. and stir around until the dressing has covered the whole salad.
8. Enjoy!

PRINTABLE VERSION



Liz & Sarah

2 comments

  1. I love the spoons you use!They're absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like them; and they go very well with the 'greek' sort of theme. ;)

      Delete