Rhubarb Marmalade | A Family Favorite!

Hey! Hey! Ready for a delicious marmalade recipe??

I hope so! Cause' yesterday my mom, sister and I (Liz) made some of this yummy Rhubarb Marmalade. The jam was so fantastic that I thought I'd share this recipe with you all! We made 16 jars in total, so I would imagine we'll be well stalked for quite a few months. :) 





This is a recipe that I remember enjoying during our summers spent at my Grandma's place many years ago. It was always a favorite. :)

Make sure to keep some time left in your schedule to make this marmalade so that you can enjoy it as much as our family does!






The original recipe calls for 6 cups of sugar, but we have made it healthier by only putting in two. For an even healthier version I'm sure you could substitute the sugar with xylitol and you can purchase a sugar free version of the Jello if you prefer. :) 


Rhubarb Marmalade
Makes 2 pints

5 cups diced rhubarb
2 cups sugar
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
3 oz. strawberry jello (raspberry, orange, & cherry work as well)

Directions:
Place rhubarb and sugar in a pot, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add pineapple and jello and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from stove and skim (take off froth). Immediately pour into jars and seal (1/2" from top).



We'd love to hear what you love about this recipe most in the comments below or via social media if you make it!

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Liz & Sarah


No comments