Summer Carrot Smoothie

After a month of being away in the UK touring sites such as Giants Coseway, Windsor Castle, Edinburgh Castle, and the family farm in Ireland, I've (Liz) arrived home freshly enthused to get back in the kitchen!
Last night I was craving a fresh unique smoothie so badly since I hadn't had much of that kind of thing the past few weeks; so I went and looked around in my fridge to see what I had...and wala!...I came up with this yummy Summer Carrot Smoothie. :) 

Photo credits to Liz



Do you ever have that feeling where you've had so much stuffy fried packaged food and you just want to be able to make something from scratch yourself in your own kitchen that is so fresh that it only comes from the ground or a cow...no processed from the store stuff?? Yeah, you guessed it--that's how I felt last night! :) Soooooo....this is the product of my cravings. 😊 


Summer Carrot Smoothie

Makes 1 serving:

Ingredients: 
Note: these are all fairly rough measurements :) 

2 small to medium sized carrots
1/2 apple
3/4 cup celery and celery leaves
1 1/4 juice of a lemon(s)
1/3 cup water (or whatever amount you think your blender needs to blend properly)

Directions:
Blend first 3 ingredients in a blender until a thick paste develops, then add lemon and water to complete the smoothie. Chill in refrigerator. Enjoy!

Note: You could definitely add some ice to this drink 'cause who doesn't like ice on a warm summer day???

Any plans for the week? If you try this recipe, we'd love to see pictures via our social media!

Have an awesome afternoon, guys!

Liz 


No comments